The Samsung company provided at the Samsung Developer Conference conference which is taking place now to San Francisco, the camera for panoramic shooting of Samsung Round 360.
The novelty is equipped with 17 lenses, including 8 stereo pairs placed horizontally and one lens directed vertically. The camera provides shooting of 4K-video with 360-degree spanning both for broadcasting in real time, and with a recording capability on the drive for further creation of VR content.
Operation over Samsung 360 Round is carried since 2014 within the Project Beyond project. The device is steady against influence of moisture and dust according to requirements of the IP65 standard.
The Samsung 360 Round specifications include:
– 17 cameras with the 1/2,8-inch sensor of the image with permission of 2 Megapixels and a diaphragm of f/1,8;
– video recording capability with permission to 4096 × 2048 with a speed of 30 frames / with (each lens).
– 6 internal microphones for a spatial sound, support of 2 external microphones;
– connection through a local area network or USB-C port;
– 10 Gbyte of a random access memory and flash drive with a capacity of 40 Gbytes;
– support up to 2 Tbyte of SSD, SD cards with a capacity up to 256 Gbytes;
– sizes: 205 × 205 × 76,8 mm, weight — 1,93 kg.
The camera Samsung Round 360 will go on sale in October at the price of $10 500.